Saturday, June 7, 2008

Life, Music, People and Love

Where to start...I guess I'll start with what's going on with me :) Right now, my summer has consisted of working 35 hrs a wk, chillin with the bffs watching movies and stuff and really that's about it. I have enjoyed it, but I can't believe it's already June!! Time does fly. I really need to get going on my online class, which I intended to have done by the end of the month but there's no way that's going to happen. I should've known lol

Tonight was pretty awesome. Went to see my fav. group, The Perrys, in concert. I think if I could spend every night of my life in a concert, I would. I honestly can't get enough. So I guess it's a good thing that's what industry I want to go into! lol But seriously, music speaks to me in a way that preaching or teaching can't. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against those and of course I learn that way as well, but music and song lyrics are especially important to me. And whereas alot of people stand and clap and wave their hands in the air, I just have to sit and block all of that out. I close my eyes and focus just on what they message is saying, the way the music sounds, and that is usually enough to bring me to tears during most songs. So the fact that I got to do that tonight was amazing and makes me look forward to NQC that much more.

So, thoughts on my mind lately. God is pretty stinkin awesome lol I love the fact that the older I get, the more I can look back and see God work. Hindsight is 20/20 afterall. But there's so many things in my life that I can look back at and where I used to think "why on earth did I do that?", I see how God worked and why it had to happen. There are so many people I wouldn't know, experiences I wouldn't have had, or decisions I wouldn't have made had it not been for those times that I view as "mistakes". God has brought people into my life that I never would've imagined would be there and He's slowly but surely fitting the pieces together. And, like any nearly 20 yr old woman would wonder, I think about where my husband fits in. I can't wait to see how He leads me to him, or if He already has. Lately my favorite love related quote has been "A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man must seek Him in order to find her." That is amazing true and that's what i am focusing on. As long as I let God lead me, I don't have to worry about a thing :) And wow, that kind of went on a tangent, but I've just been thinking lately how much God has already pieced together and just how amazing the final picture will be!

Much love

1 comment:

Keli B. said...

fun blog, dani! blogs are a great way to stay in touch. keep up the posting. I look forward to seeing how God is working in your life!